BIKING 2 days/1 night - SAIGON to BENTRE to VINHLONG
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh - Ben Tre - Vinh Long 60km cycling (L)
- In the morning we’ll transfer a couple of hours out of Ho Chi Minh City to Ben Tre – the gateway of the Mekong delta.
- Today’s ride will lead you right into the heart of the rural Mekong. Vietnam Bike Tours’ll begin cycling after a ferry ride across the Tien River at Mytho.
- The route will take you down narrow roads and lanes, past banana plantations, fields of sugar cane, and the lush green landscape of the delta.
- A section of biking even cuts off road onto gravel and dirt lanes, and weaves around hamlets, across water channels, and through quiet dense vegetation. This makes for superb biking.
- We’ll stay overnight on An Binh island
Day 2: Vinh Long - Cai Be - Cai Lay - My Tho – Ho Chi Minh City 50km cycling (B,L)
- After breakfast, we’ll cruise up the Mekong River to visit a nursery garden where hundreds of young trees are waiting to be moved to the gardens.
- Then, we’ll keep boating across the river to bustling Cai Be floating market.
- We’ll visit a family-run business for producing rice paper - a key ingredient in Vietnamese cuisine, pop rice, popcorn making and coconut candy.
- After the boat trip, we’ll cycle to Cai Lay. There, we’ll stop for a brief rest and then continue riding to My Tho for lunch.
- We’ll also take some time to visit the ornamental Khmer pagoda of Vinh Trang before continuing to Tam Vu through lush gardens of seasonal fruits. In the late afternoon, we’ll drive back to Ho Chi Minh City to end the trip.
Support vehicle to carry gear, luggage, first aid
English speaking tour guide
Boat trips and ferries
Pick up & drop off at your hotel
Meals as mentioned (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
All biking gear (bike, helmet, tool kit, water cage)
Water, snacks, soft drinks, and fresh fruit on cycling days
Airport transfer in/out
Departure Dates: Daily
Group Size: Minimum of two and maximum of ten cyclists
We'll contact you soon.