4 Days Biking in Mekong Delta Explorer
(Saigon - Vinh Long - Tra Vinh - Can Tho floating market - Sai gon)
Day 1: Sai gon - Drive/biking to Mekong Delta, Vinh Long (L/D)
- Viet Action Tours'll biking tour guide will collect you in Sai gon.
- For the first day of our Mekong Delta adventure, we have a quick transfer to Cailay.
- Then, we set off our bikes and start cycling back roads to Cai Be, where we’ll board a boat to An Binh Islet.
- We’ll spend some time visiting artisans; watch coconut candy making, rice paper making, and popcorn/ popped rice making.
- Then, we’ll enjoy lunch on the island before continuing on to our local home stay run by a lovely retired couple, Mr. & Mrs. Ba. The Ba's live in a typical Mekong delta Vietnamese house, with airy rooms and an outdoor kitchen.
- The rest of the afternoon you’re free to bike around the home stay.
Day 2: Vinh Long - Tra Vinh, Khmer villages and culture (B/L)
- After breakfast with the Ba, we’ll have a short boat trip to Vinh Long, one of the famous fruit towns in the Mekong. In Vinh Long, we’ll bike along narrow country lanes through tiny orchards.
- You’ll witness colorful life along the riverside, as you pedal past picturesque delta homes and villages.
- We are getting deeply into Mekong delta, Vietnam part - where we often call Nine Dragon Delta river.
- We will cross narrow canals on a local sampan, before boarding a ferry for a refreshing boat trip across the expansive Co Chien River.
- Then, we’ll take the last cycling with few kilometers to the very pretty Khmer town of Travinh. There will be plenty of time to explore side tracks and trails, as the cycling distance for the day is not far.
- We’ll stay overnight at a local hotel in Tra Vinh.
Day 3: Tra Vinh biking to Can Tho (B/L)
- On the third day, our ride will be very special; much of the area is populated by Khmer people.
- The regional architecture is interesting and there are many Khmer temples to stop and admire en route. You will have the freedom to cycle as much or as little as you prefer; the road is peaceful, narrow and very pretty all the way to Can Tho!
- We’ll cycle to Ba Om Pond to see its magnificent lotus flowers, and observe local women having their futures predicted in the small temple nearby. En route, we’ll also stop to visit a local Buddhist temple school.
- Our tour guide and private vehicle along your biking trip will be very much flexible with the biking plan so that you can enjoy at its best.
- Dine under your own management in Can tho and overnight in a comfortable hotel here.
Day 4: Can Tho - Biking/driving to Saigon (B/L)
At a galance
Support vehicle to carry gear, luggage, first aid
English speaking tour guide
Boat trips and ferries
Pick up & drop off at your hotel
Meals as mentioned (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
All biking gear (bike, helmet, tool kit, water cage)
Water, snacks, soft drinks, and fresh fruit on cycling days
Airport transfer in/out
Departure Dates: Daily
Group Size: Minimum of two and maximum of ten cyclists
We'll contact you soon.